ABOUT REAL RADIO – REAL GOOD LOCAL GARDEN ROUTE RADIO
Owned by Wave Broadcasting and Entertainment (Pty) Ltd., a South African broadcasting and entertainment Company, MC90.3FM (Plettenberg Bay) and Knysna 97.0FM are unique radio stations which are completely localized, niched for tourism and business development, making an important contribution through informative, entertaining and contemporary programming to the Garden Route, it’s communities and the large numbers of local and international tourists who visit the area.
The stations have been on the air for 6 to 7 years and broadcast 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year from studios situated at Mellvilles Corner Centre and Woodmilll Lane Centre in the heart of the Plettenberg Bay and Knysna CBD areas, each covering a localized area of 20 -25 kms.
MC90.3FM (Plettenberg Bay) and Knysna 97.0FM have been positioned to specifically support the vital tourism industry as well as all business and public and private sector development.
Radio reaches the entire population regardless of their cultural educational or economic status, and empowers people through providing information, education and entertainment, at the same time creating LOCAL skills training and transference, as well as employment.
MC90.3FM (Plettenberg Bay) and Knysna 97.0FM not only create an upbeat fun atmosphere and pleasant ambience in the Garden Route, but through collaboration with Tourism Associations and bodies, business and all relevant role players and stake-holders, inform listeners of our people, landscapes, rich cultural diversity, shopping and entertainment facilities, lifestyle activities, where to find traditional arts and crafts, banking facilities and also property and investment opportunities.
MC90.3FM and Knysna 97.0 FM broadcasting 24 hours a day, seven days a week, are Local Commercial Radio Stations that exist to entertain and inform the Plettenberg Bay and Knysna population, both residents and tourists/holidaymakers. The formats of the Stations are 80% music and 20% talk, mainly in English.
The music policy of the stations is a mixture of easy listening music (mainly chosen from the 60’s, 70’s 80’s and 90’s) and recent hits and music from South African artists and groups. The stations feature local, live presenters of both genders across the age group spectrum.
MC90.3FM broadcasts from central Plettenberg Bay and extends to a radius of approximately 20 – 25 kms to Robberg and Kranshoek in the west, to Keurboom Strand and Tsitsikama in the east and inland as far as the N2.
Knysna 97.0FM broadcasts from central Knysna and extends to a radius of approximately 20 -25 kms covering the town and outlying areas as far as Buffalo Bay and White Location.
• 25-45/55+ year old males and females who live and work in Plettenberg Bay and Knysna, as well as tourists (local and international).
• LSM 8 – 10
• Close to 90% of the population listen to the radio,
• embodies the power of the “theatre of the mind”
• memorability of sound, the feelings and emotion that encourages the listener’s imagination to produce their own desirable image of a product,
• the mood enhancement of radio which places your message in the right positive context,
• rises above the clutter, reaching your audience daily with informative, intriguing and personal messages from a trusted friend,
• reaches willing listeners in their cars, at the office, in the garden throughout the day or night, top of mind awareness and misperception correction as you mould opinions in a positive way,
• flexibility with short lead times enabling you to respond quickly and effectively,
• a great vehicle for promotions, festivals, activities, appeals, up to date information,
• competitions and phone-ins,
• repetition which helps your message to become entrenched in the minds of a very desirable and well matched target audience.